Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Part II- Costumes and Candy!

For Halloween Zach was a dragon, which was a step-up from his three-eyed monster costume last year. This year he was able to kind of grasp the fact that it was a special occasion and that I wasn't just dressing him up to torture him. Lennie on the other hand, has decided that I am just a cruel Momma once a year, who takes great satisfaction in adorning him with costumes. Here is my first baby...my fur baby Lennie, decked out in his Halloween best:




After enjoying Lennie's costume and chasing him around, which wasn't as much fun as usual because Lennie always goes into a costume coma, Zach let his Dad dress him for his own festivities. I was nervous that Zach was going to react like Lennie...hating his costume and walking around the neighborhood with a perma-puss:


Fortunately, Zach was a better sport than Lennie, and seemed to really get into running around in his dragon costume:



He even took a photo with Mommy, which doesn't happen too often:


Try as I might, I wasn't able to get Lennie and Zach to pose together, so the best shot I could get was them watching Dada light the pumpkins outside. It was a miserably windy evening, and it got very chilly very fast:







Zach was ready after a little prompting to go out into the cold and windy night by a few neighborhood friends. Here Zach is with out next door neighbor Kaitlin:
He even found a look alike buddy in his friend Will from up the street:

Since Wayne stayed back to pass out candy, I couldn't quite manage an action shot of Zach Trick or Treating. I will say he was surprised that people kept giving him candy, but refused to say "Trick or Treat" which we had practiced all week. He was kind enough to say "Thank You" and that made his Momma extremely proud. This is the only shot I was able to get of him coming off a porch:


After about 12 houses we finished up and headed home. Zach made a bee-line towards his pumpkins: (i just love how Lennie's eyes are glowing green in this photo...very spooky!)


Once home, Zach was so excited to be reunited with his pumpkins:



And of course his Dada:




Even I must admit in that last photo that my beautiful boy looks eerily like his handsome father. I guess I need to start hoping that Matthew shows up with some brown hair and Italian features!

I couldn't help myself but to capture the moon and some close-ups of the pumpkins:



And even though it was too windy to go to many houses, Zach collected quite a bit of loot:


After we warmed up, Zach spent some time on the couch with his Dada, watching hockey and running to the door to help pass out candy to the kids.

It was a memorable Halloween, and I can't wait till next year when I have two little trick or treaters to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers