Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I'm Dreaming of Christmas and Contractions!

If you were to walk through my front door today you would find this lovely surprise waiting for you:


Yes...folks that is our Christmas tree! When I found out I was pregnant with Matt and due at the end of November, I vowed that I would put my tree up before my baby arrived. Since Matt likes to keep things interesting, I figured we better move up the tree date so that we weren't caught unprepared. I also figured putting the tree up earlier might help me find time to teach Zach not to touch the tree, and for the most part he is doing really well with it. (He does love to grab a few ornaments every now and again, but all of the breakables are up high and out of reach!)


In order to keep things interesting, I conceded to my darling husband's dream of having a train that runs around the tree. He was so excited at the hobby shop...in fact I don't know who had the better time, Zach or Wayne. And while I may complain that the train is loud, and just another thing to watch out for, I can't help but love the wonder it produced in these two little boys:


Try as I might I really couldn't get a great shot of Zach and Wayne and the train and the tree. It was almost like too many moving objects at once. I also tried really hard to get Zach to stand in front of the tree, but this shot was the best I could do.

This final shot really says it all... It's almost like, "Ok, Mom, get the picture and then let me play!"

Now that I have my tree up I find myself dreaming of Christmas with both my sons at home, and longing for the contractions to show up(again)so that I get to meet my little Matthew soon!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that your tree is up! Guess what...I put mine up today too!!! The ornaments aren't on yet but I got the tree up with lights. That was an all afternoon project doing it by myself :-) Your house looks BEAUTIFUL...so warm and cozy. What a great way to spend the holidays with your hubby and TWO beautiful boys :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers