Thursday, November 19, 2009

Some Big Shoes to Fill!

I just couldn't help myself, but to capture this picture when Zach put on his Dada's shoes this evening. It was absolutely hysterical to watch him try to clobber his way down the hallway in them...well funny until he almost fell over! There was something about seeing Zach walking in Wayne's shoes that touched my heart. In many ways I hope my sons follow in their father's footsteps. I hope they grow up to be big-hearted, driven, and energetic people who love life and the possibilities it presents. (I do hope they find more time to relax than my darling hubby, and more time to breath!)

Watching Zach fumble around in his Dad's shoes this evening reminded me that time is precious...sooner than I would like, this little boy's feet will fit into bigger shoes, shoes that take him out on his own journeys. For now, I am just happy that I have been blessed to stand next to his father, and make sure Zach makes it safely to where he is going. Speaking of getting places safety...Matt we're still waiting on you!

2 comments:

  1. How sweet! I hope that you go into labor soon (for your sake) and that everything goes smoothly!!! I have followed your blog for a bit from Jen's blog! How fun to be able to enjoy a new baby for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsi, Thanks for reading! I also hope that I go into labor soon, but this little man seems to be as stubborn as his older brother, so at this point I am thinking I will probably have to be induced...again!

    ReplyDelete

Followers