Thursday, June 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom...

Usually I am all about the sentimental posts, but I am still not operating on all cylinders and I know you understand that, because you have been in the trenches, so to speak, with me in the last few weeks. Come to think of it, you've been in the trenches with me much longer, back when I was the one that was bringing on the artillery. There are truly no words for the love I feel for you, and the gratitude I have that I was chosen to be your daughter. You are my inspiration in so many ways and I love you. I know that birthdays aren't really your favorite anymore, but each one means that the world was blessed to have you in it for another year. In all the years I've been with you, you have given of yourself in the best of ways, brightened the lives of those you know, and always made the world seem easier than it really is. I guess that is the mark of a master mother, the sheltering nature, the spirit that things are easy even when they are not, the constant compassion, the always-ready-to- hold -you- and -take- away- your- worries- arms. You are a masterpiece, and as it is with all masterpieces the older they get the more valued they are.


At 50 something, (I know your age, but I wasn't sure you'd love to have your age splashed across my blog) you are the same vision of loveliness you were 31 years ago. I can vouch for the fact that I still find comfort in your crystal clear blue eyes and your dazzling-melt-away-all-your-worries- smile. You are beauty defined inside and out. Happy Birthday to my nurturer, my favorite teacher, my best friend, my Mom!
(Oh wait...I guess I did get just a bit sentimental ...guess there is hope for my brain function after all!)

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet post! You look a lot like your mom, although you obviously have darker features! :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers