Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Back on the grid...A week in review

After almost two weeks I am back, sort of!

Last Sunday we moved in with my folks, and while the actually living arrangments have worked out well it was a hellish week. Most nights Wayne and I, or just Wayne were back packing and moving the last of the items, Wayne went and cleaned and finished up all on his own, since I stayed with the kids some nights. We had mechanical breakdowns(tv issues, pool filters exploding), emotional breakdowns(mostly me) and physical breakdowns. Matt had some gastrointestinal upset on Tuesday, by Wednesday Zach vomited for the 1st time the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th all in the span of 5 minuites, both my Mom and Dad got the flu on Thursday and Friday, and yesterday I was down and out will the flu as well. It was a wild week, but as my Mom says "At least no one was hurt."

Today is the end of owning our first home, and when I walked the rooms one last time Sunday night, I couldn't help but tear up. Here was a house we had thrown so much of ourselves into and now we were leaving. I know that the future holds wonders and that I shouldn't lament when I am "movin' on up" but I couldn't help but feel a little heartbroken. I will miss my front window, that I could always see Lennie sitting on the back of the couch when I pulled up, and know I was home. I will miss the rooms that I brought my babies home to, and the spaces Wayne and I worked on together, pulling up carpets, tiling the backsplash, painting the house. I know it is a space, but it was our space. In many ways, I am sad, but I am hopefully that in six weeks when I move in to our new house, all of the sadness will be replaced by just the happy memories, I get to take with me.

I'll be back soon!

1 comment:

  1. AHH! What a week Amy! I am so sorry you guys were all so sick! That is just about the worst thing to happen when you are trying to move and get so many things done :-( I am glad everyone is slowly starting to feel better.

    And I know what you mean about moving being bittersweet. As much as I disliked Eric and I's first home (because it was small, didn't flow well, wasn't in the best neighborhood, etc.), I still shed a tear or two when we left. We had so many fun memories there. It is always hard to move on, but when you are spending your first stress-free night in your new dream home, you will forget all about the old place. Can't wait to see all the progress in the coming weeks!!! Hang in there mama!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers