Tuesday, June 29, 2010

House progress...

Even though we may have to push back closing on the house a week, a lot has been going on in our new home. Carpets have been put down, lighting is going in, and we actually have sinks and toilets! It really is all coming together,even though at times it doesn't go smoothly, or ends up coming together differently than expected. These are the most recent photos I have taken , even though more is being done daily:
Here are some pics of the kitchen- the island was a bit of a hassle since we are going with a microwave drawer in it, and the builder switched a cabinet without accomodating for the space and that nearly made my 60" island 48"...I fought them and won on that issue:


The above is just a closer pic of the cabinets, I love the color and can't wait till all of the appliances go in! We ended up going with the range hood, we will be getting corbels and dressing up the area with a fancy backsplash too!

The next pic is a view into my family room. I love this pillar...we wanted to stain it to match the woods, but the painter's accidentally painted it white! I was not pleased, but it is growing on me, maybe one day I will strip it, or pay someone to replace it/stripe the paint and stain it! The fireplace is in the distance, but it won't stay that way for long, we have plans to stone it from the floor to the ceiling, if only we could agree on what kind of stone we want to use:

I had to show a pic of Wayne's office because it is a major reason we built this house. I cannot wait till Wayne's paperwork isn't strewn all over the kitchen and I am sure my Mom is looking forward to regaining her kitchen and dining room table when we leave!

Above is one of my favorite spaces, our master bath. I can't wait to show you the finished product!

Thanks for hanging in there readers, I know I have been HORRIBLE about blogging lately!

2 comments:

  1. The house looks great! Love the kitchen cabinet colors. And I know what you mean about your husband's papers all over the kitchen table....mine is the same way!!! I've just accepted it at this point. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL!!!! Oh Amy, what a gorgeous house you have there! I bet you are just DYING to get in there and make it your own. You are so very close now. Can't wait to see more pics of the finished product :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers