Saturday, January 16, 2010

Mr. Cool

Yesterday Matt wore an outfit which read "Mr. Cool":



He posed with his "tough guy" face for the photo, you know the one all men/boys seem to use when they are getting their license photo. (If you don't believe me, check out some licenses, you'll find the majority of men are not smiling in these pics) And although my husband just looked at the photo and said, "Ugh, that is not a good picture" I swear to you his mother has a Marine photo taken of Wayne hanging on her wall with a very similar expression. Alice, don't you think so?I guess its not "cool" to smile for some camera shots when your a guy.

Matt is Mr. Cool in so many ways. He is a pretty content baby, he usually only cries when he is tired or hungry, and he seems pretty tolerant of all of us. For example when Lennie sneaks in a lick he doesn't start panicking, he merely looks at him, when Zach comes over and plays with his swing he doesn't start crying, he just stares at him, like "Dude, what are you doing?" Even the other day when his brother accidentally fell onto his lap (I panicked) Matt just took it in stride. I guess it helps that he is already 1/2 of Zach's weight even if he is so much shorter! The coolest part of Matt is that he is such a smiley baby. When you get him out of his "Mr. Cool" outfit, he really lets himself have fun. Take for example the other night when we was hanging out on the couch, he just thought everything was so funny:

That was until his older brother pointed out that it "isn't cool" to smile so readily for Mom's shots, so they practiced the art of acting aloft and ignoring me:There pretty good at that look....Unfortunately for them, I was able to find this flaw in their tough guy exteriors.See they really do want to smile... my Mr. Cool and Taz!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you're absolutely right Amy! I indeed do have that marine picture hanging, even though my son doesn't like it, and your sons have got "that look" almost down pat. Put oh they are so adorable, so even though they might not smile in every picture, you still have managed [thank the lord], to catch them being the smily little boys they are. Great job, and thank heavens you have already learned the patience to wait and capture that wonderful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're so cute! By the way, I LOVE your redesign! I need to figure this blogging stuff out because mine is B.O.R.I.N.G! :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers