Sunday, January 3, 2010

In the New Year...


The last few days have been so wonderful. Mostly we've stayed in doors (it is frigid out) enjoying Wayne's last days of his vacation. We did have a poker night on Saturday, but it turned into more of a Wii evening than anything else.

A few exciting developments have begun in the New Year around our household. One is that Matt is sleeping 5-6 hr stretches at night, or he has since the new year began. (Ok, I am a bit superstitious, I just knocked on my computer desk!) I attribute Matt's progress in the sleep department to three things; 1. He now weighs almost 13 pounds...just look at his chubby cheeks:



2)He is on Prilosec for his acid reflux...note the bib that my sons are famous for.(Seriously, Zach had reflux too, and nearly every picture I have of him till he's about 10 months old shows him in a bib!) Matt is getting in on the trend a bit earlier than his brother(This bib reads"Spit Happens":

3) Matt is now being swaddled in "The Miracle Blanket" it is a awesome product that I used with Zach too. This little piece of cloth has allowed Wayne and I to get some much needed shut eye:


We opted for the blue camo this time around!

The other major development in our home is because of this energetic little guy:

For that last two days Zach has gone potty on the big potty successfully! I will spare you the graphic details, but we are definitely making some progress. Don't get me wrong he did put up a bit of a fight, but once he's there, he actually seems to take pride in his accomplishments. He beams at me and says, "I did it!!" It is just too cute! So I went out today and got some backup. I selected these two books on potty-training. If you have read them, or have another suggestion please feel free to comment. I will try to review them when I am done reading them for you other moms who are debating the potty training pros and cons:

Thus far 2010 is shaping up to be a marvelous new year. Tonight we were able to capture a picture of the boys "playing"together. So far Zach has been great about Matt, he even talks to him and asks where is is when he can't see him, but he doesn't really want to cuddle him, or touch him(I guess I should be thankful). Tonight however, Matt's toy was just a bit more fascinating than the million new gifts Santa got him, so Zach snuggled in to his brother...where he stayed just long enough to snap this shot:

Whatever else 2010 brings, I am sure there will be a lot more "brother bonding" moments to capture and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers