Monday, April 12, 2010

Friend or foe?

After two intense days of potty-breaks...I think Z got to 17 today, I honestly can't tell you whether the toilet will be my best friend in the days to come, or my mental undoing. I've read books, talked to friends, has this child on the potty since he was 6 months old and now all of the "Readiness" signs are there. Zach knows when he goes, but left to his own devices would tell me after he's already gone, every single time. We are gearing up for the switch to big boy underpants, it's my fear of clean-up that has made me wait this long, and even though I tell myself he will eventually learn how to use the potty with precision, I don't find that comforting when I see a wet pull-up 10 minutes after we just sat and pushed on the potty! So if you're wondering where I am these days, I am more than likely in the bathroom with Z, or changing Matt's D's...literally, these days my life has gone to sh*t!


I know that lately, my posts are fewer and fewer. It isn't that I don't have a million ideas or things I want to say or share, I even have some pictures that are sure to entertain, the trouble is time. Time and that my hubby has been working late for the last week on the laptop that has all of our pictures. I'm hoping to be able to rectify these problems soon!

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya honey...potty training with a new little one at home is EXHAUSTING!!!! I got so spoiled over the weekend with Eric home to help run Addie to the potty every time she had to go. We went two days with only 2, #2 accidents (we just can't get there yet with that one). But then today, she had like 4 accidents because when it was time to take her back to the potty, I was feeding Blake, or changing Blake, etc. AH! Wish we lived closer so that we could just put all the kids in one house and tag-team the potty situation. One of us could run the kids to the potty and the other could play with the babies, do tummy time, and change diapers. Feel like trip to Chicago?

    ReplyDelete

Followers