Monday, April 26, 2010

Are you still with me?

Sorry I have been MIA again. I swear I will be better about posting once a few of the balls I am currently juggling in the air get taken out of the equation. There is really nothing new to report on the house front, but on the home front there has been some major progress. (Warning:You may not be able to appreciate the following if you do not have children in your life)


Zach is really getting this potty-training thing down. He is great about not going in his pull-up or undies these days, and he is racking up stickers on his chart like a mad man.(He's on to his 2nd one!) He is even getting better about telling me that he has to go. It's funny how he does it though. Instead of saying "I have to pee" he will say, "I don't want to pee in the car." This is what he said today when we were in the car, and I said..."Ok, hold it honey we are almost home." Believe it or not, he did hold it nearly 5 minutes and made it to the potty on time. I think it is all becoming his new norm, because he isn't asking for rewards when he goes, in fact most of the time I am adding the stickers to the chart and asking him if he wants some Smarties. It is just amazing that he is getting there. Here is a picture of Zach with his potty chart:




I also just have to share that Zach is really starting to adore his brother. He is often found now hugging him, or telling "Matty" "I love you too!" Apparently Matt is speaking to Z these days, but not us.
And I also had to show a picture of my nephew Jack in his 1st stage performance. His Mom included him in her Middle School production, and Jack did an amazing job as a pirate. In my opinion, he stole the show. I have a sneaky suspicion that this will be the 1st of many stage moments in Jack's life.
And as proud as I was of Jack, I think Z was his biggest fan that evening. Here they are backstage and Z seems a little starstruck:

It was a great couple of days on the home front, now if only they would build my house!

2 comments:

  1. YAY for Z!!!! I am so happy the potty training is going so well! I can't believe he is already on his second potty chart. And you were worried...ha! I knew he would get it!!! We are still doing great around here too. Fingers crossed it just keeps getting better for both of us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME about the potty training!!! I am SO not looking forward to ever having to do that. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete

Followers