Thursday, December 31, 2009

In 2010...

In 2010 so many exciting moments await. Looking back on 2009 I am struck with awe at all the developments my boys have made.

It was a year ago today that Zach took his first steps, and now he is a running machine, walking backwards on purpose, and jumping off the floor! He is verbally astonishing, finishing lines of books that he must know by heart, and singing the alphabet like a champ. He is speaking in sentences and making us laugh with his antics everyday, so much so I still can't believe that one year ago all he could say was Mama, Dada, Ball, and Baba!

Matt was developing in utero for most of 2009, and that in and of itself is a miracle. Looking at his sweet face everyday reminds me of the surprises that life has in store. Last year, at this time we had begun "talks" about getting pregnant again, but I wasn't aware of the fact that God had a beautiful brown eyed boy already picked out for us! What a wonderful year it has been getting to meet my baby boy and watch him smile for the first time! I cannot even imagine where he'll be next year at this time, but I am sure that he will be walking and trying to talk to his brother by then!

And of course there is my darling hubby whose hard work took me to Hawaii last January, and although it broke my heart to leave my Zach, those memories I will cherish always. This year my husband also supported me as I took an extended leave from my job, and has always validated my decision in that it is what is best for our sons and family right now. I have also watched him grow as a parent in the last year, opening his heart to another little life, and becoming a best friend to the first little man we created. I am astonished not only that he works harder every year to provide for us, but that over time he is becoming an even better father than he was in the beginning(and trust me he was no slouch, sharing feedings, and changing diapers, cleaning the house, and taking care of me the first time around too). Today I get a kick out of watching him rolling around with Zach, or snuggling with Matt on the couch, and I know that the future only holds more remarkable moments for these boys and their father.

So in 2010, I pledge that I will embrace life daily, that I will simplify when necessary, and that I will cherish the family I am blessed to have!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post Amy!!! Your boys are just precious and I too am excited for what 2010 holds in store for us. Happy New Year!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers