Sunday, March 21, 2010

A 1/3 of a year...

Unbelievably, my little boy Matty turned 4 months today. I simple am in awe of how quickly time is flying by. It's remarkable to think about all of Matt's accomplishments in his time here and how very different he is today from the day he arrived.


For starters he is nearly double the weight. I am pretty sure that when we go next week for the 4 month checkup I will find out that he is over 18 pounds. I am also pretty sure that he will have grown at least 6 inches since he was born. At 4 months Matt is barely squeezing into some 6-9 month outfits, so I am pretty sure he'll be in 12 month clothes by the end of April.


This month brought some major developments. For starters Matt rolled over from his stomach to his back, twice. This was a shock since tummy time is not a fan favorite in this household. Another big first was that Matt actually got to go outside and enjoy the weather. Up until now, he has been relegated to being in the fresh air, only when being carried to and from the car. Like his brother, Matt loves it outside. Here he is enjoying his first stroll:








Matt is quickly becoming bored with the bottle, and seems more interested in eating solids. We introduced rice cereal earlier in the week and then moved on to sweet peas this evening.






It took Matt a moment or two, but he is actually getting the eating-mashed-up-veggies-from-a-spoon-skill pretty quickly. I guess when you are in the 95% for weight and height, bottles just don't fill you up like they used to.

Perhaps even more significant in the scheme of his life, is that Matt is making fast friends with his brother these days. Now that Matt is awake for longer stretches and sharing his floor space, Zach can often be found talking with his little bro. Just the other day he asked, "Matt, wanna play with me?" and Matt wasn't about to deny his request so even though he isn't quite into the building stage just yet, he jumped in to play a bit with Z. Zach is quite the entertainer, you can see he even has his 4 month old brother smiling at his stories in this picture:

I can only imagine what transformations will take place in our lives in the next 1/3 of a year. I do know that Matt will definitely keep surprising us, and that hopefully he and Z keep getting closer, I do know for sure that when I write his eight month post, I will not be sitting at the breakfast bar of my kitchen as I am tonight, but might be sitting at the island of my new kitchen. So many wonders await...isn't time interesting?

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I love his dimples, so freakin' cute! It'll be so sweet to look back in ten years when the boys are fighting like crazy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers