Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bounce House Party #2...

We ended up having Z's birthday party at 10 a.m. on Saturday morning. I thought it was a bit early, but it ended up working out perfectly. For the 1st hour we practically had the entire Bounce House place to ourselves before other parties and people showed up. I must say that I am pleased that I got the table clothes, balloons and plates to go with the Elmo theme because it made the party feel personalized. I will also say that I am glad I had this party out because with the house being sold, and the million little things that we have been doing regarding building and selling, it was nice to not have to worry about all the little details!


The Bounce place did most of the work, they even gave us goody bags for the kids, but my sis was kind enough to create these adorable little Elmo cake balls as a special treat for the party-goers. She is so creative, and where she gets the energy to do these things amazes me. (She is 6 months pregnant, working full-time, running a drama show, and taking care of my very active nephew Jack!) Thanks Lisa for the special treats, they were so cute and delicious!


What a cute presentation:


Speaking of cute and delicious, my sister-in-law Lisa is also a very talented baker. She was kind enough to make the cake for Z's birthday, and it was gorgeous! Not only did she make the Elmo cake, but she also made cupcakes which had little Elmo faces and cupcake holders that had Elmo on them. The cake was perfect, it was fluffy(cool technique) and so yummy. In most of the pics of Z and the cake you can see he is mesmerized by it, and just wants to get his hands into it, so he can eat it! Lisa you did an amazing job, and I loved,loved loved it!



I mean seriously, isn't it just the cutest cake on earth?

The whole party was a blur, as parties usual are. The big difference is that most of the pics at this party are a blur too. All of the kids had a blast, and most of the big kids, like my hubby and bro got in on the action too. At one point Z was so tired he started "melting-down:, more like falling and wanting to be held, so my brother carried him up the stairs and went on the slide with him. I also got some great shots of Wayne and my nephew Jason on the slide. One of my favorite shots is this one: In it, you can see Z, his two cousins Jack and Jay and my brother Nick, all gearing up for a slide ride. I just love how happy Z looks:


Prepare yourself for the parade of pictures:


Here is the set-up:

A pic of Aunt Lisa, Aunt Penny, Grandma Alice and Matt:
Here comes Z, Jack and Jake:Uncle Nick steps into action to help his godson:






Wayne and Jason go for a ride:What Matt did at the party...He also spent a time being held by Great Grandma Helen...of course I missed this pic, Grandma Alice, and Aunt Lisa(both of them really). He just loves the ladies!


Time to eat:


I find time to sneak in a cuddle:


Before its time for cake: And finally gifts:Z got so many great gifts from his family and friends, but I couldn't possible post all the pics I took. I will say that his current favorites are his Wonder Pets schoolhouse from Uncle Ryan and Aunt Olivia, and that he also is loving his Lincoln logs from Aunt Penny. I am sure he his just itching to use his light sabers from Aunt Lisa, Jack and Uncle Mike, but those haven't been opened just yet. I think we'll wait till Jack visits to pull them out, lest Z try to sword fight Matt! I think it's safe to say though, that Z misses his bounce house from Grandma and Papa too, since he just asked me about it this morning. Don't worry honey, Spring will be here soon enough and then you can bounce all you want!

Thank you again to everyone who came and enjoyed the day with us. It was such a great way to kick off Z's year!

3 comments:

  1. It looks like a great time was had by all at the birthday festivities!!! I've wanted to comment all weekend but I usually just check on my phone and I can't comment from my phone because of the security word! So, Happy Late Birthday to your little man and you look so cute posing with your dude!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and FREAKIN cute CAKES! I love the Elmo cake balls! I make cake balls all of the time but those are SO cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Chelsi for the compliments. It really was a great party, and everything turned out better than I could have hoped!

    ReplyDelete

Followers