Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I'm dreaming of...

Decorating my new Master Bedroom! The best and worst part of building a new home is the fact that I get to redo things. On one hand I love my colors now, and on the other I don't just want to copy what I did here to a T. My hubby and I agree that of all the rooms in our home, the least pulled together to date is our master bedroom. We painted it 5 yrs ago, and since then have changed very little, but a comforter once. We both dream of the day that we will have a king sized bed, not necessarily this model, but definitely this big:



Sadly, this is just not a possibility just yet, as we both feel having landscaping and fencing our yard takes precedence. So we will wait to get the new bedroom set, which is fine with me, since the one we use now I bought eight years ago and still love. I do however have other hopes for our master suite. One is a down comforter, I splurged the other day and bought one at Overstock.com for only a $100! I did however get it in a king size, since we currently use a king size comforter and it fits the Queen just fine, no arguments over the covers here! So my vision for our future bedroom is based off of a color. Strange to pick a color and then pick everything else to suit it? Not for me. Currently our bedroom is a very pale green, very calming,

This is our current wall color, Ancient Marble by Sherwin Williams. It looks a little gray here, but if you go to the Color Visualizer on the web site you well see it is actually a really pale green.

The color I want to switch to is a smoky blue color. I am not sure of the hue just yet, but something along the line of "Breezy" also by Sherwin Williams:


Now this tone might be a bit too vivid, but it has the feel I'm looking for. I do not however want all of the walls painted in this hue, I want most of the room to be a soft cream color to keep the feeling airy and fresh.


I have found three duvet colors, all from Pottery Barn, that I love, one which I might have to change the blue for, so here they are:


My favorite: Normally I am not a big graphic floral print girl, but I love the softness of the colors and I think with a throw over part of the cover it wouldn't be too much(You'll also see this particular cover works marvelously with not only the paint color, but also the drapes I love as well!)


My DH is more on board with this next choice, although I worry it doesn't have the Wow factor I'm searching for:And the third option I love but DH hates:With the last cover I would probably opt for a different accent color, possibly a Terra cotta color, or more aqua blue to match the flowers.


I also adore these silk drapes also from Pottery Barn, which happen to be on SALE right now:


So let me know what you think. Am I completely losing my decorating sense, or do you love these choices as much as I do?

2 comments:

  1. Just want to throw my opinion out there, even though your hubs won't agree. I LOVE your third duvet cover option!!! PB isn't it? LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blue color you're going with for your Master. I wanted our room to be pretty masculine as a frilly room isn't quite Hubbs' style. I stick with earth tones as I'm too big of a wussy to try anything else. So, our paint colors are also SW but are a beige and a very dark taupe on the vaulted ceiling wall of our Master. I registered for Terra Cotta colored sheets when we got married. I like them, but I'm struggling finding curtains. I'm about to go look at PB for the ones you posted. So, my struggle is finding a pattern. Our sheets and duvet cover are both just plain Charter Club from Macys. While they're nice quality they only thing they have are very faint stripes. So, I have plain walls, plain sheets, plain duvet and then we have black/wood furniture that I love. So, I need some pattern.

    Woah, that was a lot of rambling!!! I, like Jen, LOVE the third option. But, I also love the first option. I think keeping with the cool and airy feel of the light blues and greens will be awesome!!!

    Oh yeah... GOOOOOO KING BEDS!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers