Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Some pretty big firsts...

Things have been moving right along in our house. Both of the boys seem to be growing every five seconds these days, and I am pretty sure that in a few weeks Z will be potty-trained. I just have to make the switch to big boy pants and deal with the consequences. Oh boy, that will be fun!

Matt is keeping us on our toes these days as well. The once easy-going newborn, is being replaced with an insistent infant. His personality is starting to shine, and he loves attention, in a few years they both will be saying, "Mom, look at me." (Sounds a lot like what I used to say to my Mom...I guess it's payback.)

This past weekend Matt completely surprised me when he rolled over from his tummy to his back. He did it in one deft motion, so for a moment, I was like, "Did that just happen?" It may have been a fluke since he hasn't done it since, but I say it still counts. I think the most shocking part of his rolling over is that I have been horrible at giving him tummy time. I always intend on doing it, but if he gets 5 minutes a day that's a lot.

Matt also had his first solid(sort of) food yesterday. He is such a big boy that I felt it was time to start with some rice cereal. After 3 days of rice, we will move on to oatmeal and then begin working our way through the veggies. I think I will start with green beans, since that is what I did with Z. Mine as well get the least favorite veggie out of the way when they don't know any better.


I pulled out the Bumbo for the first meal, partly because I had misplaced the harness straps for the high chair, and I should have known that the chair's original owner would want to use it first. Zach was so funny about this chair, he kept trying to get in it, he said, "This is hard" and "I don't fit", after a bit of finesse he was able to get himself in, and he said, "I did it!" "I sitting in the chair!" He was so proud he even posed for a picture:


After Zach was done messing around in the Bumbo, Matt finally got his turn. Here is a shot of Matt tasting his 1st real meal:

He did pretty well, but he doesn't really have the whole eating from a spoon thing mastered just yet. I guess you know the saying, "Practice makes perfect.", and if this boy learns to eat nearly as well as he's learned to drink...well he'll be perfect in no time!

Of course I ended up finding the harness straps, so last night Matt joined us at the table for dinner too. He didn't eat, but he was good company none the less. Zach was pretty excited to see Matt in "his chair" and was even more excited that Mom had finally replaced the batteries to the carousel toy:




Look at how nicely they already play together. Let's hope that continues, once Matt realizes how to move, and Z realizes that Matt doesn't care which toy is "his" or his brother's.

1 comment:

  1. SO CUTE!!! I can't believe Matt rolled over AND started eating cereal!! What a big boy. I actually can't wait for Blake to start solids because I am hoping that is when all night sleeping begins :p-)
    Oh, and that pic of Z in the Bumbo is hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers