Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Prep and Landing...

You wouldn't know it from reading my blog, but we have been very busy preparing for Santa's arrival. We have bundled ourselves up to check the snow consistency:


Braved the elements to shovel areas that need clearing(according to Zach):
Marked the landing area with snow angels:Made sure sleighs can make their way through the snow:
And made sure we were ready to defend Santa(or ourselves) with snowballs if need be:
Inside, we have rolled out the cookie dough:





Cut out the cookies(or watched):




We have checked the pantry to make sure we are prepared:




And found the pantry was a great play area for some:




We have ordered new toy shelves in preparation for the new toys:

(I know from looking at this room...the last thing these boys need is more toys, but I have it on pretty good authority that they are getting everything they asked for, including a new drum set...oh the joy!)

And we have attended many great events and parties to get us in the holiday spirit.(This will be a separate post)


So it is no wonder that Zach asks me everyday with a look of excitement in his eyes..."Mommy is Santa coming tonight?"

I cannot tell you how relived I am that I only have a few days left till landing...till I finally get to say "YES!"




1 comment:

  1. SO sweet Amy! Love the new Land of Not shelves! And I hear ya on the new toys. That is the last thing my kids need too, but it is going to be SO MUCH FUN watching them open their gifts on Christmas. Word on the street is that we have a train table and a new bike coming our way :-) Have a great week finishing your prep for Santa!

    ReplyDelete

Followers