Friday, December 31, 2010

Just so I hit 115...

In 2009 I blogged 114 times. In 2010 I blogged, 114 times. Just to keep it interesting and to meet one of last year's resolutions, here is my 115th post of 2010!

As a parent of small children New Year's isn't quite the party it used to be. The last three years we have kept it low key...very low key. I am not even sure I've seen the ball drop for the last two. In my younger days though there were some great parties attended, some super fond memories created and one fantastic night that resulted in pneumonia!

Here are some of my favorite New Years memories:

1. As a young kid, staying up with my cousins Mike and Jess, watching the ball drop and then banging pots and pans on the front porch at midnight(Grandma Mary would have been proud!)

2. Our bowling New Years. If you have never bowled in the New Year it is a ton of fun...I hope to try this one again in a few years when the boys are ready

3. The movies/dinner New Year. This is actually a classic from my early teen years. One of my all time favorite New Years was when my sis, my parents and I headed out to see "War of the Roses" in the theater, and then went to a fancy dinner afterwards. I can still remember my sister and I dressed up and brought our new purses from my Aunt Marge which we filled with makeup. We had such a great time...maybe thats why I celebrated my wedding reception in the same location many years later!

4. The dress to the nines hockey game/party Wayne and I attended one of the 1st years we were dating. It was so much fun, drinking and dancing the night away with friends.

There are so many more, but one of my favorite things is that no matter where we are, who we are with, or what we are doing, I call my family near New Year's and wish them a Happy one! I hope my boys always think to call me someday in this magical time when one year ends and another begins seemlessly. I also hope I am fortunate enough to kiss my husband Happy New Year for the next 50 years or so! I can't wait to see what awaits in 2011!

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year & Thank You For 115 Great Memories on Your Blog. I loved each & every entry!!! Love, Mom XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Mom. I love knowing I always have a loyal reader in you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a beautifully written post Amy! As a mommy and a teacher, I completely understand how you feel. I know I don't teach full time, but I know what you mean about not wanting to lose the girl you were before you were a wife and mother. I think that is so important and I just loved how you explained every emotion. We would so be best friends in real life. We need to make Illinois and New York a little closer together on the map :-) Happy New Year honey!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers