Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Just checking in and an annoucement!

The last week has flown by. The days seem longer now that the weather is officially cold and snowy, and the kids and I aren't getting out as often. We are holding down the fort so to speak and I haven't really mustered up pics or words that seem all together fascinating. I did want to write though about a really great event that is happening in our family.

NO I AM NOT PREGNANT...

BUT...

After three years together, and a lot of ups and downs my brother in law and sister in law are adopting a little boy who has been family in all of our hearts for a long time. It is just so exciting knowing that this child, who came from a difficult situation, has found a home forever, and that no one is going to take him away from the only two people he has ever known as Mom and Dad. I am so excited for the three of them, that tomorrow they will finally...legally...be a family. Congrats you guys!

(Sorry for the lack of specifics and pictures, but I just want to make sure that legally I am not overstepping boundaries for them)

2 comments:

  1. First off, Thanks for the nice post and making me cry!!!! LOL these past few days I have been so emotional about this! I think because it has been a long road and I can't believe that it's finally going to happen!!! You and Wayne have been such a support for us and we appreciate all that you do for us!!! He has been through so much in his little life and I thank God every day that he won't remember any of the 1st year of his life! Grant is such a lucky boy to be in a family that has accepted him and love him! He loves all of his cousins and always looks forward to seeing them! (Feel Free to post pics, they can’t say anything now lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how WONDERFUL for you and your family Amy!! Congrats Olivia...this must be one of the happiest days of your life. What an amazing Christmas gift for you all :-) Please post pics soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers