Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The sweet life and my little helpers...

I love Christmas...oh yeah we covered that already. What I am loving more and more is how as my boys grow they just keep making life sweeter and sweeter.

I've always loved looking at the first snow fall. The ground is so pure and untouched and timeless. But I loved this snowfall more than any other because it captivated my sons which totally captivates me:
Putting up the tree was even enriched this year because I had a very special "Little helper". He just loved hanging the ornaments and telling me we needed more!:


And every year I love adding a new ornament to capture our family for the year. This one makes me laugh because Zach loves pretending he's a frog in his bath towel(a frog). Recently we watched The Frog Princess so he's taken to kissing us and telling us all we've turned into frogs! Here we are as Zach sees us:Zach's been very proud of his accomplishments. Here he is showing off his decorated tree:Recently while I was baking, my little helper struck again. He wanted to do everything. So I let him do a lot! Even though I can whip up chocolate chip cookie batter in 5 minutes on my own and this batch took me 20 minutes, I enjoyed every minute of watching this little boy create. It's amazing how children open our eyes and hearts! Here is Zach and I smiling for the camera:



And Zach showed off his mixing skills:


And of course his tasting skills:


And even though I insisted on doing the actual baking, Zach wanted to stay close by to make sure things turned out according to his standards:





Life is pretty sweet around here these days. Matt is practically walking primarily, and doing so well at it. He's also starting to "talk" more and more. Yesterday at his one year check up he was off the charts in height. Apparently being 32 1/2 inches at one makes you in the 105th percentile. He is also weighing in at nearly 27 pounds. People always tell me he is going to be a linebacker. I've always says he's the bigger little brother, but no matter how tall or strong he gets I know he will always have the biggest heart. I am sure it helps that he loves to eat everything, and I just had to share a picture of him on his birthday packing in not only the cake I made, but the ice cream cupcakes Grandma Alice brought to enjoy:
Between the cookies and cake, and these two little boys smiles, my life has never been sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers