Friday, August 14, 2009

A bit of a scare!

I had every intention of writing about our encounter at the lake yesterday, but I was side-tracked by a bit of a scare. My sister and I ran to the mall to pick up a gift for our cousin's b-day, and while there I had what I would later find out was a vasovagal attack.

Apparently when you have a vasovagal attack, you feel dizzy, nauseous and break out into sweats. I had all of these things, but luckily did not pass out. I was scared, Zach was scared and my sister was scared. After this feeling subsided I felt crampy so I called my doctor who I was expecting would tell me to come over. Instead they sent me to the hospital, which was super frightening. I was pretty freaked out, but my sis took Z, and Wayne came and got me.

The whole ride there I felt guilty about how at first I wasn't as grateful as I should have been about Matt being a boy, and how if anything happened to him I would never forgive myself. I just wanted the little peanut to be ok, and after 2 hours on a fetal monitor, them measuring to see if I was having contractions, and the most painful exam I've endured, I found out that we were both just fine. What a relief. I really feel so blessed to have both of my little men, and I will never forget how frightening it was to feel so helpless. I must say it was a relief to see Matt again, and to hear he is doing just fine. As anxious as I am to meet my baby boy, I am sooo glad that I wasn't in preterm-labor, and that I get to enjoy his movements from the inside, just a bit longer.

2 comments:

  1. THANK GOD you are both okay honey. What an awful scare! i have never heard of that before, but I can imagine it was pretty frightening. I am glad you were with family and no alone somewhere. Whew. You need some serious R&R this weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Amy--that IS scary and I'm so glad to hear you and Matt are okay! I hope you get a chance to put your feet up this weekend and relax!

    ReplyDelete

Followers