Saturday, August 22, 2009

The County Fair!

This past week has been a little hectic. It seems like every week is getting more and more busy as we gear up for back to school and baby #2. One of my favorite end of the year activities is heading to the County Fair, and this year I got to go again. It was a sweltering 88 degree day, and when you are 7 months pregnant, hot weather is not your friend, but I enjoyed myself. My Mom went with us and we all enjoyed the great food! To be honest, I think we would all go back just to eat if only we didn't have to pay $10 to get in.


Zach was super flushed in most of the pics, but don't worry it always happens to him in the heat. (It's just one more way that Zach carries Wayne's genes...they both overheat quickly!) This trip we didn't really walk the fair, mostly because I was tired and so was Zach, but we did play my favorite game, I GOT IT! and my Mom won! She let Z pick out a prize and he got a super cute Lion stuffed animal that is now in his room. Zach must have some of me in him too though, because he adored the game. He stood on my lap for 20 minutes just throwing balls. He was so happy there that he actually threw a full fledged tantrum when we made him leave. Later my Mom treated Zach to the game where he got to pick ducks and win a prize. It took him a minute or two, but he got into it after awhile. There he won a Looney Tunes big inflatable squeaky hammer, that I don't think Lennie is too fond of. (I am not sure if he dislikes the fact that Z chases him with it, or that its a toy that squeaks that he's not allowed to bit!) Here are some pics of us enjoying our time playing the games:



I know Zach doesn't look as thrilled to be playing the game here,but that was because he had just thrown his ball and he was concentrating on where it had gone...Dad was interrupting his game time and he was not so happy about that!The highlight of the trip to the fair was probably his time at the petting zoo. Before we headed over there, Daddy took Zach for a pony ride. Even though Zach wasn't smiling during the ride, I think he enjoyed himself. I don't think he wanted to show his dimples and dispel the illusion that he was a real 100% cowboy.






When we finally got to see the animals in the petting zoo, Zach was super excited...he practically tried to crawl through the gate:





Well...until the animals came over...then he ran:


Daddy even showed him how to feed the animals(mostly goat and sheep) and at first Zach was hesitant, but he got into it after a minute.




At the end of the evening we all had a great time. Zach enjoyed his trip to the fair, and took the time to pose with Grandma on the way out. Well...almost posing...he was a bit more interested in the plethora of people passing by.


All in all it was a wonderful day to spend at the fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers