Sunday, August 16, 2009

One finished project down...thirty more to go!


I am happy to report that Wayne and I did make some headway this weekend on Matt's room. I filed many months of bills and sorted through papers in an attempt to clear out his space. Wayne and I have set a painting day aside for next weekend, so we have a lot to do before then. I figure if we can get the room painted before the furniture arrives at the end of the month, I will be able to put the finishing touches on while I am working. I guess at this point, I will have to.



The one project I am most pleased with thus far in my preparations for Matthew is his needle pointed name. I think it turned out pretty well considering I had to alter some of the pattern to fit it on the fabric, and Great Grandma Helen had to help by sewing an extra piece of fabric on to have it framed. Wayne and I were a little surprised at how the frame turned out, mostly because we don't remember it looking like it does, but I think it will work in the room. I haven't quite figured out where the picture will go, but I figure I have some time before then.



So without further ado, here is my masterpiece for Matt:

Tomorrow I am taking Zach to get his 18 month pictures taken, so hopefully I will have some cute proofs for my post tomorrow. We will have to see how it works out since they aren't until 12:30. I think tomorrow might be a day for 2 naps...one in the morning and one post photo shoot! I also have a doctor's appt in the am. I am sure all will go well, although I'll be interested to hear what they have to say about my little hospitalization episode.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful picture!!!! I use to cross stitch a LONG time ago and seeing your adorable picture makes me want to start again :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers