Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Take Me Out to the Ball Game...


For Wayne's 29th birthday(31st in everyone else's world but Wayne's) I bought him tickets to see his favorite baseball team, and my nemesis', The Yankees. Since I wasn't up for a plane ride to NYC, we went to Toronto to see the game. It was wonderful to get away for a day and spend some alone time with my hubbie, even if I did have to watch baseball. In truth, I actually don't mind going to the games, only because the food is so yummy and I like sporting event environments. People get so excited soooo easily and I think its funny!


I wish I had remembered to take a picture of the "big pretzel" with cheese. It was quite amusing. I am used to going to hockey games and asking for cheese for dipping my pretzel into, but when I asked the lady for some nacho cheese to dip my pretzel in, she looked perplexed. She actually gave it to me in a small beverage cup! I think I may have started a craze in Canada, because the lady next to me said, "Is that cheese for your pretzel? It looks delicious!", I of course told her it was and she went off to get herself some cheese/pretzel action. It turned out she was pregnant too, so maybe its just a pregnancy fad!








Anyways, I wanted to share a few shots from our trip, unfortunately I didn't get a pic at dinner, or at breakfast this morning at a market called "Richtree" which had the most amazing French Toast, but I did manage to snap a few shots at the ballbark:








Wayne in his element:
Matthew and I at the game: Note the shirt: It says Yankees Fan with an arrow to the baby bump...baby pudge...whatever:
And some lovely young lady offered to take a picture of the two of us, after several failed, hold out the camera attempts:
It was a great trip! A special thank you to my Mom who watched my boys Zach and Lennie, so that I could enjoy a night at the ballgame!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers