Sunday, August 23, 2009

Team Renovation!

This past weekend has been a whirlwind of trying to get things in order for Matt's arrival and our life after he comes. When Wayne got a promotion 3 years ago it became necessary to have a work space for him in our house, so he used the spare bedroom as his office. With Matt coming Wayne has been detaching from his office so he's spent the last six months in the kitchen on his laptop. I swear I constantly have stacks of papers on my counters, my kitchen table, and my hub(my dining room table). It was getting a little out of control, and even Wayne had to concede that he wouldn't be able to take business calls with Zach running around and a newborn crying. With that said, the dilema began, what do we do for an office.

Wayne has been pretty adamant that he didn't want to go into the basement, even though we refinished the space in February...he wanted to have a place of his own. Well, I am so proud that my hubby was mature enough to realize that he could make the basement work, and I think he rather likes his new space. He finally got a corner desk, so he can spread out a bit, and hopefully we will figure out a filing solution. I got access to a computer in a play area, since I am w/o a laptop, so I think it is win/win. It should all work out fine as long as Wayne continues to get cell reception and the kids and I don't come down to play while he's at work. Here are a few pics of the basement playroom/office.

I think this space will actually work out better than the armoire type computer desk we had upstairs. Unfortunately, now we have a computer desk in the garage, but I am sure we'll think of something. Pictures of Matt's room should be coming in the next few weeks, Wayne's been working on painting his room this weekend too!

Well I better get going...we have a big Fantasy Football Draft party tomorrow and I need to tidy up the house.

2 comments:

  1. The basement/work area/playroom looks great! I am sure it is nice to have your kitchen back. Haha! Oh, and I have a computer desk that is like an armoire (from my college days) and we use it in our bedroom now to store extra blankets, pillows, etc. We also have our TV on top of it. JUst an idea...if you have a place to put it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your basement looks great! That's what we're in the process of doing. We need a play area for Emma and another finished area for Justin to do work and take calls! I hate how our kitchen table is his workspace! Can't wait to see pics of Matt's room!

    ReplyDelete

Followers