Sunday, February 21, 2010

Bowling with the boys...

For the last week schools have been on a Februaury break. It is something I looked forward to as a teacher and still look forward to as a temporary SAHM. The reason is February break means extra time to spend with my nephew Jack, and my sister Lisa. This week alone we had two play dates a party and an impromptu visit, it was great and just what Zach, Matt and I needed to make this winter seem less long. My best friend Jenn(aka Penny) is also a teacher so we got all the boys together and took them bowling. Jenn brought her two nephews and one of their friends to the outing(three boys) she is brave, and did I mention expecting her 1st child this August? All five of the boys really liked bowling at first. (My mom was kind enough to watch Matt for me so I could focus on Taz(aka Zach) for the outing.) Thanks Mom!

Here is a photo of Lisa and Jack, she's actually talking him through how to throw the ball himself. I heard her say, "Shake hands with the alley." and had to smile since my Mom and Dad always said that to us when they took us practice bowling: By the way Li you can't even tell you are 6 months preggo here!


After Jack had his turn, Zach was up. For a nearly two year old, he didn't do too poorly. Here Zach





I had to help him hold the ball, (and throw it) but he thought the whole thing was really great, especially the part where the pins fall down(did I mention it was bumper bowling?). Here he is applauding his prowess as a bowler:




And for about four frames the boys were excited to bowl. Then their attention span waned. Thankfully Jenn brought snacks and juice for everyone, because for a good 15 minutes Zach sat and ate Cheetos with Tyler(Jenn's younger nephew):

Jack wasn't about to miss out on the snacks, so he joined in.

A minute later when I asked him to pose with his little cousin he went in for a hug:(Just look at Z's smile as Jack moves it to hug him for the photo:





And although this hug looks more like a tackle, I assure you that Z is smiling away, even with his head pressed up against the table.


After snack time the boys never really returned to the game. They were too busy playing bubble hockey:




And checking out the arcade. They both seemed really interested in Guitar Hero:



And Zach even rocked an awesome guitar solo:

Ok...he didn't really play the game, but in his mind, trust me, he was a rockstar!


The boys had a great time, and so did us girls! It's too bad break is over.

P.S. I went to Target and hated the shower curtains...I guess its back to square one. I hate admitting when I am wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers