Monday, February 1, 2010

You want me to do what?

Lately, we have been prepping the house to put it on the market. The funny thing is that there are so many silly things to do, that I guess I never thought about. For example, at the advice of our realtor, I have to replace my family pictures with more artsy ones like the picture above. Now don't get me wrong its a beautiful picture, but I can't wait till I can look at the pics of my dimpled boys again! Here's hoping we sell the house sooner rather than later, so that I can actually live in it for the days I have left here!

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH! I'm about ready to scream!!! I lost two comment posts on my phone yesterday and just typed another one on the computer and Internet Explorer suddenly closed! AHHHHHH!

    Ok, I'm over it. Whew.

    I was going to say... I never have understood taht advice. I feel like the more important part of staging (which can be awkward for Realtors to advise their clients to do) is decluttering the home and making sure every space has a good definition. I do understand wanting the potential buyers to be able to "see" themselves in your home but I don't think that family photos inhibit that. In fact, I think people enjoy the warmth that comes from a home that is lived in and obviously has a family that lives there! But, who am I to say? LOL!

    Also, burn a yummy candle or bake something tasty before you leave for a showing. Well, with two little ones maybe that is unrealistic! I just think nothing says "homey" and "comfortable" like something super tasty smelling! :0)

    PS! I love the Valentine's do of the blog! I'm blog challenged so I don't know how to do fun headers and stuff! Love it!

    PPS I look forward to seeing the journey of the new house! Where are you guys starting on that? Literally from foundation!? Share, share!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers