Sunday, February 28, 2010

Zach's 2nd Birthday...Bounce House Party #1

Friday was Zach's "real" birthday, and it was a day to remember. It started pretty low key. I had his 1st present of the day waiting for him in the morning. Apparently he is still a gift-opening extraordinaire since Christmas, he didn't waste much time...



He was pretty excited about his Color Wonder book and his new ball set. He didn't waste anytime in asking Daddy to help him get his mitt on:


After the excitement of opening a few gifts, Zach settled in to watch a little TV with his brothers and enjoy their morning beverages:
By 10 a.m., the boys and I headed off to Grandma's. (Dad swung by later when he had a break in his schedule)You may remember, Bounce House Party #1 was scheduled to take place at my Mom's house on Friday morning. As it turned out everyone on my side of the immediate family turned up to see Zach's reaction, which made the day just that much more memorable. For those who weren't there to enjoy it, his face looked something like this:

For about two seconds before he unleashed that Zach power smile. I'm sure you're familiar by now with those dimples.
And even though I knew what was coming, I must admit that the sight of Z's bounce house made me gasp just a little too. I mean come on who can blame us when you see this:

Jack and Zach had so much fun together...making it nearly impossible to get a shot of them together that wasn't a complete blur.

Trying to get a shot of the three boys was nearly impossible. Notice Jack is the only one cooperating for this shot:
In an attempt to share in the moment, I climbed in for a pic with Z, after he said, "Momma you bounce." Here we are my Taz and I:


I of course had to get Matt in on the excitement. I didn't want him to look back and wonder, "Where was I?": (Note: Matt did not go down the slide, I think he wanted to, but I wouldn't let him!)

The Bounce House wasn't the only excitement at the party. Grandma also surprised Z with his own cake, and a pile(yes a pile) of gifts.


Our time at Bounce Party #1 was awesome, and Zach smiles just prove how very happy he was:Sadly...looking back, I didn't get pictures of my Mom in the Bounce House, or at all there. I can tell you that my Mom makes being a grandma look good...and that she was enjoying every minute of watching the boys.

After a much needed nap, back at home, Z woke up to find balloons for his party the next day, his Dad, and more presents:






Among his gifts was his 1st pair of roller blades and a helmet. Zach really wanted to model his helmet, so we put it on him.

I should have know that he would want to give me my turn...he is just so thoughtful(or devious?)!:


We ended the day with some Italian sausage, french fries, and salad(some of Z's favorites) at what turned out to be a sort of impromptu gathering. And of course what Birthday would be complete without some cake and ice cream.


Speaking of cake...be sure to come back for tomorrow's posting of Z's 2nd Bounce House Party so you can see the very special cake his Aunt Lisa made for him. He has such very talented Aunt Lisa's...

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your big boy!! Can you believe these kiddies are already 2?!!! His bounce party looks like SO much fun! Can't wait to see pics of the next one too :-) Addie's bounce party is this weekend and I can't wait! I might be more excited than she is. Ha!

    P.S. Matt is just precious!!! He really is a big boy! I love those cheeks of his :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waterpark in dothan alabama I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful illustrated information. I thank you about that. No doubt it will be very useful for my future projects. Would like to see some other posts on the same subject!
    Outdoor inflatables

    ReplyDelete

Followers