Friday, February 19, 2010

A Shower Curtain Debate...

Since we will be building a house that has 2 1/2 baths I am looking forward to decorating the "kids" bathroom. I want it to be fun, but I don't want it to be too kiddish, so that the boys can grow into it, and if we had guests they wouldn't feel like they were staying at a playhouse. For that reason I am avoiding cute animals altogether and planning on going with something vibrant and contemporary. I found two shower curtains that I think will work, I really want the curtain to be light in color(mostly white) since the bathroom doesn't have a window and I don't want the shower/bath area to be too cavelike once inside. My original thought was stripes, but I couldn't really find the tones I liked. I ended up finding some colorful circles and some blue circles.
This is my favorite:

I love that it is so full of color and that I can go in any direction with the wall color/towels. It is actually part of the Alex Moody Monster collection, so tell me people why does my hubby think it is girly? Please post a comment and tell him that he is so wrong on this one if you agree with me that it is a gender nuetral curtain.

Now I am not saying that even if he doesn't concede that he is wrong here, I won't go with the above curtain, but I may be tempted to go with something a bit more boyish, but not nearly as fun. Something like these geometric circles also from Target:

So readers, help me out here. Which would you choose if it was your bathroom and you lived in a house of all men?

6 comments:

  1. First of all, that first curtain is SO not girly at all!! Not even a little bit. Boys are so silly :-) But...I do think it is good that there is a touch of pink in the otherwise manly shower curtain because when you have third baby and she is a girl...you will be glad there is a touch of pink. Ha! Have fun decorating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote fore the first curtain - so much more bright & fun, and like you said, lots of options with the rest of the decorating scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first one too...it definitely says "modern kids bathroom" not "little girl bathroom" lol. I think it will look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think it's girly AT ALL. It's a great shower curtain for a kid's bathroom. If you get some bright red accessories (towels, rug, tooth brush holder), the pink will totally disappear. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. While I don't think the first curtain is girly... I don't like it either. Sorry! :) I love the second one. But, my house is full of earth tones... so maybe I'm just bias! HA!

    How fun thinking about decorating ideas!!! We moved into our stark white and brand new walls almost two years ago and I've only painted a little bit... I just had Hubbs hang curtains in our bedroom today! AHHH! I am too indecicive and that money thing is an issue too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for you comments. My Mom doesn't like either, my sister is with Chelsi on not liking the first one either. Wayne is still claiming that anything that has pink is not ok in a bathroom for 2 little boys, although I like your thought Jen :) Truthfully I really just like the idea of having a lot of color directions and think the circles are cool. Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts, I'll let you know what I decide!

    ReplyDelete

Followers