Saturday, February 13, 2010

February...

February, as we all know, is the shortest month of the year, but it isn't the most uneventful one in my family. It is the birth month of many of the most important people in my life, and it has been the parting month of many I have loved. We recently lost a family friend, and just a year ago on the 16th of February I lost my uncle, my godfather. Ironically it is the same month that we lost not only my Papa, but my grandmother as well. In God's master plan however, February has been the month that brought some terrific people onto this earth, people like my grandmother, my uncles, and two of my sons uncles(Nick and Ryan), as well as my first-born baby boy, Zach. So last night we celebrated, a much deserved celebration, my big brother's 35th birthday.

I have always loved celebrating my brother's birthday, in fact I can remember as a kid waking up early with my sister to run into his room, so we could be the first ones to wish him a "Happy Birthday." (He was born around 6:30ish a.m.) I remember how he savored his gifts, his parties, and how he always embraced the day. Last night, as I sat in his beautiful home, in his gorgeous kitchen thinking about the man he has become and watching him play with his nephews, I was so thankful that I had a big brother, not any big brother, but my brother Nick.


In a move like no one else, my brother gave a little speech about all the things that have happened in the last five years, and talked about how quickly the time has gone. He made the comment that we are all so lucky to have each other, and I really felt the meaning and emotion behind his words. Even though I don't always say it, or show it, I adore my brother and I am so very proud that for nearly 32 of his 35 years I have had the privilege of watching him grow into the amazing man he's become. I also feel so blessed that my sons have an uncle like him, who bounces on beds with them, battles them with Nerf swords, and gets excited to build Legos. Nick you will be an amazing father someday, and the next five years have so many amazing adventures that await you. I'm just glad I'll be around to celebrate them with you. I love you!


Some pics of our celebration and my brother's beautiful home:

Starting here:


I just had to share a picture of this range because its a total focal point in my brother's kitchen. What I love about this piece though is that my brother and his wife, Cheryl, designed the mural in the middle together. It is a stunning mural that shows the beauty of partnership. Knowing that my brother has someone like Cheryl in his life to build his dreams with makes me so truly happy!
Speaking of my sis-in-law, she hates photos, but posed anyway for this shot of the two of them. Aren't they a beautiful couple:

And speaking of beautiful, here is my sister, her hubby Mike, and my niece(in-utero):


And speaking of babies...here is my gorgeous Momma with her baby and mine:And here are the boys (Jack and Zach)hanging with their Uncle Nick:

Papa and Aunt CC jumped in to play Legos with the boys after Uncle Nick had had his fill:

And here's the birthday boy making a wish(with a little help of course)...I hope it comes true Nick!

1 comment:

  1. I love your kind words about your brother. :) I love February. My birthday is this month but also we usually have quite a few really beautiful clear, sunny and cold days! This means snow on our surrounding mountains and beautiful views!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers