Monday, February 8, 2010

Zacharino or Zachary NO?

Lately when we go places Zach loves to ask "Whose that?" Often the person he is talking about is working the register at the store we're at, or is another customer just making conversation. Most of the time the person Zach is asking about doesn't reply to him, so I am left to read their name tag and tell him, "This is Sara", or say, "I don't know honey." Usually once the person hears my response to Zach they say, "Hi, what's your name?" Lately he has been replying with, "I'm Zacharino." Which always gets a raised brow from his audience. Now keep in mind he speaks with the clarity of a two year old, so unless you spend a lot of time deciphering toddler talk like I do, you might think he says thing like, "I'm Zach Marino", like our most recent cashier did. I usually clarify that my son's name is not Zacharino and is Zachary. I say Zachary instead of Zach because many old ladies we've come upon are a bit hard of hearing and then refer to him as Jack throughout the remainder of the conversation. Since Zach is well aware he is NOT Jack (his cousin) he can sometimes get a bit frustrated and say, "No, I'm Zach", which doesn't seem any clearer to these sweet women, who then say, "Of course dear, your name is Jack!" and around and around we go. For the last few days I have been trying to figure out where Zach is getting Zacharino from and I think I have it figured out.



We've gotten Zacharino:
From "Zachary NO!"


He's really taken to playing with the Rubbermaid totes we've acquired while packing up items, and while I am aware that allowing your child to play in a plastic box is not the safest form of play, he loves it. (Don't worry, he doesn't use the lids, and I never leave him unattended, that would be crazy!)


Just look at the fun he's had:


Here he had dumped his snack into the tote and then climbed in on top of them! A definite, "Zachary No!" moment.


A different day, he decided he was going to throw his Potato Head toys in,



I am sure I said, "Zachary No!" at this point.


Then shortly after putting his toys in the tote, Zach climbed in to play with them:

And to be honest, by this point I've stopped saying "Zachary No!" to this activity, because anything that keeps my toddler content for ten minutes at a time(let alone in a contained area :) -get the pun? ) and doesn't involve a TV, I am all for! In fact even though I have packed away many of his toys in preparation for the open house this weekend, I haven't had the heart to put away the tote just yet! I mean, just look at how happy it makes my little Zacharino:

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHA! This will be the best story to tell for years to come! I LOVE it! :) There is a similar story for our family about a little girl mistaking "sh*t for brains" for "sticker brains!" Oh, I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers