Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Recovery!

Sorry that it has taken me three days post Christmas to talk about the event, but I have used the time wisely. I have organized and unpacked the 1/2 of Toys R Us that Santa, and the Grandparents bestowed upon us this season. Don't get me wrong, I love presents, but even I was overwhelmed this year. Look at this, does this seem normal?

Yes that is a pile of gifts on the other side of the room, and we even had a "KOTA" dino for Zach over there too! What you don't see in this photo is the stack of gifts behind the tree that my parents brought for the boys Wayne and I, on Christmas Eve. Extravagant is the only word I can use to describe Christmas 2009!


It was a whirlwind of travel, to Wayne's Grandma's on Christmas Eve and then back to our house for our traditional late dinner. On Christmas we got up, opened our gifts, then headed to my brother and SIL's house for a delicious breakfast. We came home for nap time(everyone got one in except me, I was cooking potatoes) and then headed over to my MIL's house for dinner #1 which was great. After dinner we headed back home for a quick pit stop to feed Lennie and then ventured to my parents annual Christmas bash which includes both sides of my family which has grown to be almost 60-70 people. It is a big party, and it is always so fun to watch the kids run around together and take in their excitement. By 9:30 everyone in our family was fried, except for Matt who did a lot of sleeping throughout the day in various people's arms including Uncle Ryan and Aunt Cheryl who both got to finally hold him for the first time!

All in all it was a wonderful day and I was so thankful I was able to partake this year. In a way I got to share Christmas for the 1st time with both my boys, since last year I was so sick I didn't leave the house, or go near Zach. Matt was so peaceful and precious in his 1st Christmas outfits, and Zach was so much fun to watch. He was completely overwhelmed by gifts at the end of it, but he had a lot of fun seeing his cousins and unwrapping and playing with all of his new toys. He is just such a little man now, and by next year I won't have to tail him quite so closely. It was a beautiful holiday, and it only made me feel even more blessed that I have a husband who brightens the day by wearing ridiculous hats, and two sons whose dimples outshine any stars on the trees!

So here are some pictures from our travels:

Getting in the groove of opening presents:



Zach and Matt:

Zach, Matt and cousin Jay:


Playing with his trains:

Lennie and Z opening gifts:


Feeding Kota on Christmas morning:

Wayne modeling the Christmas hat from my folks:

The only picture of me taken on Christmas with my camera...the adorable baby in my arms is of course Matt:


Zach and cousin Jack working together to open gifts:


My Mom holding up the gorgeous quilt my sister made Matt:


Uncle Ryan and Matt meet for the 1st time:

The boys enjoying their Christmas dinner(Hotdogs and chips of course!):



My boys:


Aunt Cheryl and Matt:


My Mom saying goodnight:



The cutest little elf I know:



When the holiday was over, I packed up my tree with the aide of my darling hubby, and he put together one of the best gifts my parents could have bought me...a toy organizer from Pottery Barn. I just love it, and it helped a bit to organize the extravaganza of toys that the boys received this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers