Thursday, December 3, 2009

New Friends For The Boys!

For Zach...
It all started about a month ago when I began to notice he was taking an bigger interest in his Elmo Live toy that he got last year for Christmas. When I noticed this shift, I began Tivo-ing Sesame Street so that he could watch a bit here and there. Quickly Zach started to ask for "Elmo" as he came at me with the TV remote, and then started singing..."La La La..It's Elmo's World!" What had began as a passing phase was quickly growing into a beautiful friendship. This week Zach treated Elmo like his baby. He took him for rides in his shopping cart, he even carried him upstairs from the basement, where Elmo was enjoying the baby's swing, being fed plastic food, and lots of kisses and hugs. Once upstairs, Zach decided that he would make a place for Elmo at our table...even giving him his seat:



He also took him for walks around the kitchen:


And of course still gave him many hugs:



As I watched Zach tonight, toting his friend Elmo around the house in a basket, in his arms, hiding with him under the kitchen table, and finally putting him to bed on a pillow in the family room, I realized that Zach had made a new friend. He loves Elmo, and while the furry little red monster can get on my nerves at times, I will endure, because he makes my son so very happy! I guess we know what the theme of Zach's 2nd birthday should be....I'm thinking an Elmo cake!


For Matt...

Matt was surprised last night with a special gift from Grandma and Papa. They got him his very own dinosaur! Unfortunately, his brother was the one who opened it, because well...he's older and Matt was sleeping: (Note: Elmo can be found not far away in the photo...looking discarded and slightly rejected!)




Zach was pretty excited about the gift, and started trying to unwrap it for himself. It must have reminded him of the awesome giraffe rocker gift that Grandma and Papa had given him when he was born, because he was all ready to try to climb on it, and give it a try...even with the wrapping on it. I am not kidding folks, he seriously climbed up on the ottoman, and then attempted to sit on top of the dinosaur. Fortunately, we were able to distract him, and hide his brother's gift, before he could dismantle it.

Tonight, after my little Tasmanian Devil went to bed, I brought out Matt's Dino for an introduction. It was love at first sight, and Matt insisted he take a few moments to have a photo shoot of him and his new friend. Here is a close up of his friend Dino and all of the goodies he brought to Matt:Matt was really excited, and managed to pose for a few super cute shots with his new buddy:




My baby boy was kind enough to invite me in for a picture with him and his new toy:


And after our shoot, Dino asked if he could relax, so we removed all his goodies:

And even though Matt was exhausted, he was sweet enough to pose for one last photo:



I mean seriously...isn't Dino super lucky to have such an adorable friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers