Thursday, December 17, 2009

Hair cut= Change of Life!

Have you ever noticed that when major events happen in a person's life they cut their hair? I mean this phenomenon may only occur in women, but it starts at a young age. Usually around puberty a young girl will demand a new hair-do signaling that she has come into adulthood. She'll cut off the long locks her Mom made her grow, or beg to have some highlights put in...in my day it was a perm! Either way, this change in hair shows a change inside.

Throughout the years, a girl will alter her hair over and over; after a breakup, when she starts college, post weight-loss, after getting her first "real" job, when she gets engaged, the famous post-wedding cut, and off course after she has a baby. What's my point? Well obviously it is time for a new hairdo. I swear to you that I have neglected my hair badly in the last 9 months. In fact, I cannot even tell you when I last had a hair cut...it may have been last January, right before I went to Hawaii. (Note: vacations also warrant hair cuts/color changes in a woman's life)

After having Matt I looked in the mirror and thought...where did those stretch marks come from...and then looked a little higher at my wild mane of hair. I cannot recall the last time my hair was so long...it reaches my mid-back, and it is frumpy. I figured I can't change my post-baby body as quickly as I would like to, but I sure as hell can cut my hair. So I have an appointment tonight and I super excited to shed some of this hair weight! Don't worry everyone I promise I won't go too crazy and come home with a buzz cut! That would just be too G.I. Jane, and only Demi could pull that off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers