Monday, December 14, 2009

Santa Revisited!

Wayne and I ventured out with both the boys today to get some Christmas shopping done. Apparently when I thought I finished Christmas shopping in November, I forgot that their are some rather important adults that deserve nice gifts too! Anyways, we ended up at the mall,(yes, people did stare at me and act like I was a horrible mother for having a newborn at the mall, but truthfully the boy can't live in a bubble...I am about to take him gallivanting all over this holiday season, so I figured Matt was pretty safe in his bundle me car seat for an hour at the mall.), and while we were there we ran into Santa again.


Last Monday when we went to get our family photo done, I tried to get Zach to take a picture with Santa, but he wouldn't go within 3 feet of him. Zach was perfectly happy to talk to Santa and tell him,"Merry Christmas!" but he wanted nothing to do with being near this man in red. Today he was pretty excited to see his "old" friend and went over to talk to him. Fortunately another little boy was sitting on Santa's lap getting his picture taken, so Zach was a little more convinced that Santa was not dangerous. I asked Zach if he wanted to see Santa and he said,"Alright" and then if he wanted to get a picture with him and sit on his lap. He nodded, but I was not convinced. When it got to be our turn, Zach went in and struck up a convo with Santa...he was a little closer than last week, but no where near the lap/photo area. This Santa was no fool though...he had props. No it wasn't a candy cane (Thank God...flashback to bad photo moment) it was a wooden rocking horse, and if there is one thing Zach loves it is horses. We were able to get Zach up on the horse and smiling next to Santa, and this photo was taken:



Even though Zach didn't make it onto Santa's lap this year, he did grace us with this memento of his 2nd Christmas. I would have taken Matt out and put him with Santa, but truthfully, he was sleeping so peacefully I didn't want to wake him. Hopefully next year I can get a photo of my 1 yr old and almost 3 yr old sons together...and if Matt is anything like his brother at getting his picture taken I better start praying now that Santa has two rocking horses!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers