Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Daredevil on my hands?

I have a very energetic 22 month old on my hands, all day every day! He is always rearing to go, so when my sister called the other day to ask if I wanted to take Zach to a play gym for kids, I was all about it. I packed him up, left Matt at home with Daddy, and we headed out to burn off some energy with cousin Jack. The boys had a great time bouncing in the bounce houses, even though picture taking wasn't an easy feat:






They also had fun taking turns driving this fancy race car, and pausing for their beverage of choice...apple juice (If only we are so lucky in their teen years Li!)













The highlight/terrifying point of the trip came when I took Zach up on a big inflatable slide, even his 3 year old cousin was shy about going, but not my son, he wanted up and up quickly. We went on a few times together, and I thought that was the end of it...boy was I wrong!



After a few trips down the slide, Zach climbed up and I followed, he turned to me and said, "Momma no!" "What Zach you want to go up yourself?" I asked in awe, he said, "Momma, get down." So I did. I was in shock, but I got down. I turned to my sister and said,"He can't go alone, he'll get hurt!" She looked at me, smiled and said, "Let him go!", so I did, and to my surprise once he got to the top he went down on his own, with both dimples blazing. He loved it, although he liked to go down backward, who knows why. His antics on the slide, inspired his cousin Jack to seize the day, partially, at Zach's prompting, and then the two of them were sliding machines. It was a priceless moment in parenting, and I am so glad my sister was there to abate my fears. Sometimes you have to let your kids go because even if you think they aren't ready, they are.





Just look at my little daredevil go...





Don't worry Zach, I'll always be there waiting at the bottom, just in case you need a hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers