Monday, May 18, 2009

The Curse of Being the 2nd child?

Ever since my appointment last week, when it was "too early" to hear the heartbeat, I have been anxious to get back to the doctor's to hear my sweet baby's 1st noises. Now you may wonder, why only a week? Were the doctors' concerned? The answer is no...I sort of manipulated them into the visit by saying I worked just up the street, and could I just stop in for a few minutes to hear the baby next week. Needless to say they were helpless against a desperate pregnant woman's pleas. So imagine my disappointment when I had to cancel this coveted appointment today.

I did so because my 1st sweet baby, was blessed to wake up with pink eye in both eyes! Upon a trip to the doctor(Super Dad took him, because Mom "had" to be at work for the 1st day of the students' final exam paper) it was discovered that Zach had the "triple crown". What I mean is that my little man not only had pink eye in both eyes, but a double ear infection, and a sinus infection. Oh did I mention he's cutting his two top molars and just got two more bottom teeth? I mean seriously, what a mess! Well, anyways, tomorrow is my day to be on sickie baby duty, and Wayne has an important meeting, so I canceled my doctor's appointment. I couldn't risk anyone else's health well Zach is still contagious, so baby #2 will just have to wait to be heard(and seen) till next week when I get my 1st sonogram. I just hope this isn't the beginning of 2nd child syndrome..,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers