Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Is It Friday Yet?

For some reason this week just seems to be dragging on. Even though it's Wednesday I'm beat and ready for a little QT time with my family. Somehow in the rush of work, making dinner, eating dinner, and bedtime we don't get a lot of down time. I really relish the times when we are playing in the yard, or shopping together, or even hanging out in the family room. Life can seem so complicated when really it is so simple.

For example, here I am writing this post about how I wish the week would fly by, and suddenly from across the hall I hear this little voice calling "Mama", he says it once, twice, three times. He's calling for me. So of course I rouse my exhausted self from the comfort of the computer chair to see what the little rugrat needs. There he is in the tub, calling "Mama" (Dad was on lifeguard duty) I walk in and the biggest smile spreads across his face, revealing his adorable dimples, and my Zach, says to me "Hiya". He is so proud, beaming really, because he's realizing now that he can impact the world, call people and they'll come, say names and be heard. I just relish watching him achieve. Life doesn't get any better than this. So... maybe I'm just a little bit glad it's still Wednesday! A pic from the hospital...one of the first time Zach's dimples brightened my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers