Monday, May 25, 2009

Worth the Wait?

I know, I know, it's been a week since my last post. I promise you I was only absent because I was caring for the sickie baby, then I went away for a few days and felt the need to disconnect from the cyberworld and connect to the natural world instead. I tell you, there is something about being in the sunshine looking up at vibrant green trees as you lay in a hammock that makes one value their time in a whole new way. Needless to say, I was out and about last week, but I promise to post some exciting news this week! For starters a recap of our glorious three day weekend:


On Friday, Wayne suggested we take Z to a local carnival just to go on some rides and walk around in the sunshine. It was a really small carnival, but Wayne was super excited to take Zach on the rides. We headed out, with our camera, looking forward to all the fun we would have. When we arrived we quickly realized the only ride Zach would be able to go on was the carousel, so I hopped on with my little knight(he was on a black horse, not a white one, the white one was too girly) and we took a spin. Meanwhile, I tried to balance Z, suck in my ever growing baby pouch, and smile for the camera. While...I waited to see Wayne snapped our heart-warming photo, only to have him look at me after the ride and say...it's not charged. Oh well...I often look better in mental pictures anyhow! We let Zach play a few games, like pulling plastic duckies from a water pond, and then we shared a funnel cake. OK, shared might not be the best description of me scarfing down 3/4 of the cake while Zach and Wayne shared a 1/4 of it, looking at me with alternating looks of wonder and horror! Alright...I'm exaggerating, but seriously I did eat most of it and it was delicious!
On Saturday it was off to the lake, and Zach surprised us by staying awake the entire hour and a half car ride down there. It was a beautiful day and even I managed to get some sun. I'd love to share photos of Zach playing in a baby pool with his cousin Jack with you...unfortunately the aforementioned camera was charging at the time. I'd also love for you to see Z practicing his golf swing with his Uncle Nick, chasing his grandma around, cuddling his Aunt Lisa, or watching his Daddy fish, but again...the camera was charging. O.K. O.K. don't give up just yet. I was able to capture some photos of Zach picking his first flowers:


And who was the lucky recipient of my son's first flower?
His Papa! Oh well! At least he gave me his second flower of the day.
Aside from our time spent frolicking outside, we all headed to an local arcade and carnival grounds. It was a lot of fun playing ski ball and watching Z take everything in. He even got involved in a game himself while Cousin Jack and Aunt CC played nearby:
He really got in to it after awhile:
So much so, that he applauded his own victory! I think he was a little surprised that he got tickets for rolling a ball. Hopefully he doesn't expect such treatment at home!
And finally one last shot...I mean what would a picture of a trip to the lake be without an image of Zach playing in the water there?
I know that wasn't exactly what you were expecting, but the lake was still a little too cold for Z's 1st swim, plus he needs some boat shoes before that happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers