Sunday, May 31, 2009

Keep it coming!

In the scheme of life, I am truly blessed, but every once in awhile you get overwhelmed. On Friday Zach had an allergic reaction to his amoxicillin, which he had stopped taking Thursday morning. It looked a lot like a rash, and wasn't as severe of a reaction as I have read about thank God. I was completely sucker punched by this news, because I was not expecting Z to be allergic to anything, except maybe bee stings like his dad. Apparently, I was wrong. I don't know why it bothers me that my baby is allergic to something, but it does, mostly because it is a slight complication to his life. From here on out, he will have to put it on every form that he fills out at a dr's office, let people at school know, ect. I mean, it's not the end of the world, but it is a teeny tiny cross to carry. I know...pregnancy hormones!

Although we had a lovely weekend, even after the dr's visit, Zach was a little crabby. I don't know if it was the rash /hives(which didn't seem to itch at all) or the fact that he is 15 months and going through a phase. Somewhere in the scheme of tantrums and snuggles, and dance fests, we found time to plan our landscaping, visit nurseries, go to the store and play outside. We even got to enjoy a Sunday dinner this evening with Grandma and Papa! It was a lovely evening, until my mother looked at me and said, "I don't know Amy, his right eye looks a little red." This had been my suspicion since early this morning. Yesterday I noticed Zach's eyes didn't look right, I told Wayne, he told me I was now imagining things. This morning, I also restated that his eyes "looked weird" to me. Again, I was reassured that all was well. By this afternoon I was convinced that pink eye was once again starting, so I popped some left over drops in his eyes (What could they hurt?-lets hope they don't have penicillin in them!). So when my mother implied that Zach's eyes looked red, I kinda knew I wasn't going crazy. What I do know is that I really can't afford to take another day off of work, and that that really shouldn't be my first thought when I hear that my baby might have pink eye for the 2nd time in 3 weeks. I really can't wait till I can stay home and take care of my kids, so that I don't have to think of 120 students who I need to review for exams with. Then I can just nurture the two children I was blessed to have, and keep them out of daycare, where apparently getting pink eye is as common as a cold. Like I said...some days...well the punches they just keep a comin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers