Monday, July 6, 2009

Firecrackers and Friends!

The 4th turned out to be a beautiful day even though it rained here the entire week before. We spent the day with my family at the lake and went over to my uncles' houses down the lake a bit. There were some surprise absentees, like my Uncle Jim who had to have a quadruple bipass on Friday, and my Aunt Sue who was with him. My uncle is getting back into his old spirits and even called his siblings during the party. The rest of the party was wonderful, we had great food, and great company. My Aunt Marge organizes the party every year, and her sister Joan helps to host it...can you tell we are a close knit group?

Zach was in high spirits darting around with the kids, and although he wasn't quite big enough this year to keep up with the big kids, he had plenty of playmates. Thats the bonus of having cousins close in age, with children close in age! I would love to show you some pictures of Zach and Jack, but unfortunately Jack was running with the big boys this weekend, then on Sunday anytime Jack was awake, Z was sleeping and vice versa. Needless to say, I don't have a photo with the two of them in it. All in all it was a wonderful weekend and I was so happy to spend some time with the fam at a place that has always meant so much to all of us. (Yes, Mom ALL...even me, although I still won't shower there :) ) Here are some of my favorite shots:

Hanging with Grandma and Wolfie:
Zach decides to almost sit down for a bit with Daddy and Papa on the new Adirondack chairs:
Aunt CC, Zach's new found BFF takes him on the slide. A rare photo because he's actually wearing his hat for a moment:
Zach decides to gain a little independence of his own:
My Mom and her brothers...one via telephone:
Zach and his best bud for the day, Mark, who is one day younger than Zach:
Zach's cousin Jules decides to try to take a pony ride, with Zach as the pony:
Zach and his Daddy. It's almost as if Z's smiles beams: "Daddy is just soooo much fun!":
One of my favorite shots of Jack "smiling":
And finally the only shot taken of me and my boy:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers