Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Solemn Sunday

I am feeling a little off kilter today. Yesterday I found out my Uncle Cheech was in the hospital with an aneurysm. I was shocked. I mean he is always so spirited and full of vigor when I see him even though he is 71. It just seemed ridiculous that we might lose him after just losing my Uncle Pat five months ago. It was a really tough day, and my heart broke for my cousins, my Aunt, and of course my father who just lost a brother. It made me realize how special this little man inside me is, not only to me, but to his brother. My dad and his brothers have always pulled together and with Uncle Pat gone, Uncle Cheech was stepping up into the role of patriarch. We aren't ready to lose him and so we all started praying. My uncle is a really religious man, who always offers wisdom on our lives. Any time you need him, he comes and he is just a powerhouse. Although he's only a little over 5 feet tall (a fall off of a roof in Italy when he was young caused some growth damage) he is a man of passion. No one can belt out Sinatra's "My Way" quite like he can, and no one can tell you what you could or should have done quicker than he can. Although his fingers are a bit gnarled with arthritis, it doesn't stop him from coming to any of his families electrical needs(he was an electrician) and he is an outstanding father, grandfather and coach. I love him dearly and I desperately want him to get better.

Today things were looking up a bit, we found out it was a venial bleed and not an arterial one, and he was able to move his legs and arms when asked, so we are all praying for his recovery. I guess I just wanted all of you to put him in your prayers, because even one counts.

On a happier side note; My brother and his wife Cheryl celebrated their one year anniversary today! I hope they enjoyed their first year together, they all just seem to start speeding by after that! Hopefully this next year brings them every happiness they are hoping for, I know it will bring them a beautiful new home! Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers