Friday, July 10, 2009

The Great Debate!

Wayne and I always seem to have to hash it out over major purchases. As I've mentioned before, I am a bit indecisive at times, and my husband can be too, so we go back and forth. Usually there is some sort of poll involved of close friends and relatives, and we weigh those insights and then do what we think is best. So why did I think picking a crib set for baby #2 was going to be any different?


The issue is that I hate spending $...I mean I love it, but I love having it in the bank too! My husband on the other hand is a spend big, and get it right kind of guy. I love that he loves beautiful things, but sometimes he can go a little overboard! He's probably reading this and thinking..."Sure Amy, you spend more money they I do!", and to be fair many of his big purchases are for the house, or if he had it his way...a bigger house! Needless to say we are both beauty seekers. I think its actually part of our zodiac signs, so there is little we can do to fight it! :)


So why am I airing this insider information? Well, once again we are faced with a decision. There are two cribs that are about $300-400 dollars apart in price, and I know my Mom would say, "Get the one you want!", but $300 could buy a new double stroller which we will desperately need, plus its $ in the bank so to speak, as I'm gearing up to take off a year or two. I'm torn. Don't get me wrong they are both beautiful sets, and I actually like that the one comes from a company that we have dealt with before and they were wonderful to us, but I know Wayne prefers the other. So I'm bringing it to the blog front. Here is the bedding we've picked:



And here are the two crib options, The first is by Pali and it is called "Tuscan":



The second crib is the "Urban" by Munire:




If we went with the urban we would get it in cherry, which is lighter than what is shown above. Also we would get the double dresser with 6 drawers for either set.

Please let us know what you think would look better with the bedding we've selected. Also, we are probably going to go with a pale but not pastel yellow tone for the wall, or possibly a light green.

5 comments:

  1. Amy - I love the bedding set! And I like crib number 2...more so for the design of it. But the bedding would look good with cherry wood too! Both are really nice though! Good luck with choosing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think both sets are adorable...I don't think you can go wrong either way. But my advice on the debate is that in most cases...you get what you pay for. I think this goes for furniture especially. If this is a set you hope M will keep for a long time, I say splurge on the set you want :-) I mean hello...I just bought a $500 stroller. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy -

    I don't think you can go wrong with either crib, as they are both wonderful choices. However, with that said, I favor the first crib by Pali.

    I like the look - classic but not too modern. Also, I think the Tuscan color would look perfect with the bedding, as well as the wall color you picked.

    I'll make sure to have Nick take a look tonight and weigh in on the great debate :)

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies for your comments. So far it is 3 votes for the Pali, one for the Munire, and one for go with what you want. I think we are getting closer to a decision. We really appreciate your feedback, so thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My personal preference is the second one but I agree, go with the one you want but if they are equal quality and you can save a little money toward a double stroller, I see the sense in that too. Gee, aren't I a big help?

    ReplyDelete

Followers