Friday, July 24, 2009

Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Batman!

So on an outing with my Mom and sis I decided to buy Zach his first official bike. Since he loves music, this bike was perfect because it not only has a sound panel, but has headlights that light up. Zach and I put it together...well together and he was so excited every step of the way. He even helped me with the screwdriver at times! So here is Zach's first set of wheels, or his Big Wheel if you will.
And here are a few shots of Zach enjoying his bike. I guess I should mention that he isn't quite able to reach the petals just yet, but we'll be practicing for next summer in the basement a few months from now! Just look at his smile, I don't think he minds at all...I think he is just thrilled to have the coolest bike on the block!


And even though Zach wasn't able to take the bike for a spin on his own, we wheeled him around for awhile. Zach did decide that even though he wasn't quite old enough to pedal on his own, he was able to perform stunts:
He did actually go to a full stand on the seat, but I didn't get a picture of that, because I had already dropped the camera to race to his rescue! I swear these boys are going to turn me gray by 35!


And while some of you might think its silly to but a 17 month old a bike for a 2 year old, I guess I was just inspired.

Some of my fondest memories are of riding my pink and white big wheel around the cul-de-sac we lived on and saying, "I'm running away to old Bombay!" I have no idea why I was fascinated with the idea of running away, or where the heck I heard about Bombay, I just think I liked how my sister would actually get worried I was leaving and run after me and tell me to come back. OK. So I was a weird child, who liked attention even then! Hopefully Zach and Matt will have great memories of their own with this little Batbike! I can't wait to see them learn to ride!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers