Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Recap!

Zach's 2nd Easter was so much fun. He started the day out by spending some quality time with Dad as Mom slept in and then when I got up, he "found" his Easter Basket. I'd post the picture of him running towards the basket but he was a blur, needless to say he was pretty psyched to have such a gift!

Oh what the hay...Here he is in route to his basket:
Zach's first gift of choice was his new crayon buddies, but after a quick once-over he selected his sports eggs to focus on. Here he is trying to get his football egg open
Note that look of intense concentration...it's the same one his Mommy gets when there is a Twix bar that needs opening. After, Zach spent the morning playing with his new toys and eating some Easter chocolate, all while Lennie looked on in envy:
Later in the day, after a morning nap, Grandma Alice stopped over with lots of goodies. Zach was so thrilled to see her and he particularly enjoyed the blue bunny she brought for him. Mom particularly enjoyed the Starbursts, and Dad the caramels too!

After another quick nap, we were off to visit Grandma and Papa at their house. Z was so excited to participate in his 1st Easter egg hunt...unfortunately he didn't wait for cousin Jack so some of the eggs had to be hidden again. Zach really enjoyed the truck basket he got from his grandparents and all of the great company and food! Here he is celebrating with Grandma:
I don't know what was so great...but Zach is clapping and my Mom is in a full fledged laugh...so it must have been pretty cool. After dinner Zach had his special egg cookie...I think I see a theme:
and so did Daddy:
Mom...those cookies are the best! While I'm on the subject of awesome desserts, just look at the cupcakes my sister made. Li you are one talented baker and decorator...wow...I love your talent and creativity!

Aside from the culinary delights, playing with his family, and egg hunting, Zach took a moment to be reflective:
He quickly decided however that it was much more fun to play with his Uncle Nick:
All in all it was a very lovely Easter Day! Although I am pretty sure this post is picture overload...here is one of me and my big baby cuddling up on Easter together.
Hope you enjoyed your day as much as we enjoyed ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers