Saturday, April 25, 2009

Z Man's 1st Haircut!

For the last few weeks I've been thinking that Zach's hair was getting too long...I know I know, he looks practically bald in pics, but trust me the back was starting to look crazy. Here is a shot I took of it this morning:

So Wayne and I packed him up at 8 am and heading to Bob and John's Barber Shop. I think I was more excited to see a barber's shop than Z, since I've always wondered what one looked like. It was classic...except for the stuffed, once living, creatures they had hanging on the walls...gross! Actually Z loved that part...he kept looking up at them as Wayne tried to snap a picture of us waiting:
After awhile, Zach's turn finally arrived and Daddy volunteered to hold the wiggle worm as the haircut commenced. Zach was very lucky, one of the owners "Bob" cut his hair. Here they are getting started. Bob the old pro, decided to distract Zach with a Sponge Bob toy:
Zach decided to take a little nap as Bob worked, by cuddling with Dad:

Zach started to really enjoy his time at the Barber Shop:He kept handing his toy to Bob and then taking it back from him:
All the while, pieces of my baby's duck fluff hair was being snipped off:
Like the great father he is, Wayne didn't complain once, even though he was covered in Z's hair...Bob even said that Zach sits better for his haircuts than Wayne :), but I thought they both were well-behaved and patient! Here is the final look to compare:
Zach got some great souvenirs from his trip. He got a really cute big boy cut, some of his curls for Mommy, and a certificate that states he is no longer of the "uncut" population. How sweet is that!
Look at how he's even sporting the big boy attitude! Please guys don't smile for the picture, that would be uncool! It was a fabulous day today to mark yet another milestone is Zach's life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers