Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter's On Its Way!

Since Zach was only two months old last Easter, I didn't really see the point in getting the Easter basket, and making a big production out of the day...I mean he was still learning how to see, so a little slacking in the celebration department could go unnoticed. This year however, I feel I need to bring in the holiday with some flair, so yesterday we boiled some eggs.

While this may seem simplistic, egg boiling takes on a whole new appeal when you have a one year old scrambling at your feet to see what you are up to. Fortunately, Daddy came home and was able to get this shot of us cooking together. (My attempts looked frightening, like I was threatening to boil Zach...note to self, boiling water and picture taking of a toddler do not go together.) Then of course it was time to color the eggs. Now, if I was a more laid back Mom I would have laid some paper out on the floor and let Zach go at it, unfortunately for Zach I am a little bit of a control freak, so this year I only let him help me place the eggs in cups on the counter...next year I promise I will let him take over the coloring process completely...well almost completely. :)
With the eggs colored, it was time for Zach to enjoy his creations. I gave him one and he ran to show his Daddy. Unfortunately, Zach thought it looked good enough to eat.



After taking that egg away, I went to the kitchen, but the little munchkin cried for another egg. I gave him a beautiful green one...my favorite. At first he seemed to just admire it, and so did Lennie.
But in the blink of an eye...he was off and running. Here is Zach in motion.
Seconds later...disaster strikes. Now don't worry...the only thing cracked was the egg. Zach though it was all rather funny, which is why you might be able to see him rolling around on the floor in the background.
Now you might think I learned my lesson, but when Zach wanted another egg to hold, who was I to say no. I figure what are a few broken eggs in the wake of building a family tradition!
And when all was said and done, we had a very cute basket (Good choice, Li) to place all our eggs in. Now I know what your thinking...that old adage says not to...but I think their safe there...at least while Z sleeps!
And speaking of baskets...look what Peter Cottontail dropped off early! Don't worry I put it somewhere safe and out of sight till the big day arrives.

1 comment:

  1. Very,very cute. I really like how you told the story through pictures. I want that Easter basket.:)

    ReplyDelete

Followers